New construction inspectors, Pepco-Exelon merger - Office of Councilmember Brianne K. Nadeau
Serious concerns about Pepco-Exelon merger
Today I sent a letter to the DC Public Service Commission outlining my objections to the PEPCO-Exelon merger. After reading all the testimony and hearing from many constituents, I have serious concerns about potential rate increases and setbacks it could mean for our environmental goals. While Council does not have a vote on the issue, I urged the Commission to consider my thoughts when making their decision.
Read more: Nadeau: “Serious Concerns” about PEPCO-Exelon Merger
Better bike safety info for all DC drivers
After taking Capital Bikeshare to work on Bike to Work Day, I sent a letter to the DC Department of Motor Vehicles, asking them to work with the Washington Area Bicyclist Association and D.C. Bicycle Advisory Council to send info to all DC drivers about being mindful of bike lanes and the shared responsibility for safety. DC DMV agreed, and their mailings will complement the work that bike advocates do to educate bicyclists about safe biking.
Brianne on your block
We’ve had great community turnout at our latest Brianne on Your Block events inMount Pleasant and Columbia Heights. Residents come to discuss their thoughts and concerns one-on-one with me in an informal setting. We always share information about our regular community events on Twitter, Facebook and on community listservs. Follow or sign up to get the latest info.
- I had a great time visiting with some small constituents at Jubilee Jumpstart in Adams Morgan.
- I joined Councilmember Silverman and staff of Councilmember Bonds for a public housing walk-through to follow up with tenants who testified at a recent hearing.
- Have you heard of the “upwich?”
- Posing for a “strengthie” to stand with strong girls and support the Poverty is Sexist campaign.
- I recently introduced advocate Rayceen Pendarvis at the monthly Ask Rayceen Show at Liv Nightclub.
- Borderstan is back starting June 1, now with coverage of Columbia Heights, too.